Hello and welcome......... we are currently merging with WWW.IRONLIFE.COM please visit and register there
Hello and welcome......... we are currently merging with WWW.IRONLIFE.COM please visit and register there
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

- BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Resin
THE HIGHER POWER
THE HIGHER POWER
Resin

Number of posts : 1322

- BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA Vide
PostSubject: - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA   - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 2:22 pm

Quote :
This past Saturday night, former professional wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley was the special guest of promoter Tony Metcalfe’s Bullet Fight Gear Presents: “The Battle of Rome VII” in Rome, Ga.

It was one of those deals, where the promoter of a small show, brings in a big name guy to make an appearance and put people in the seats. Some guy that has been there and done it, a champion, a top contender, or a pay-per-view main-eventer.

Lashley has been all of those things in the world of pro wrestling, but has yet to climb to the top of the mixed martial arts ladder. In fact, there were only two fighters on the card that night with fewer fights to their credit than Lashley.

Even with minimal experience, he feels like he has found a home in the sport.

“Mixed Martial Arts has always been a passion of mine,” he said. “It was something I had to try, to find out what I was really made of.”

A three-time NAIA National wrestling champion, and a two-time Armed Forces Champion; Lashley already had a solid foundation on which to build his fighting skill set. Pro wrestling helped him build his name, but that’s where it ends in terms of translating to real fighting.

“The training for wrestling and MMA is completely different,” he stated. “Wrestling is more about entertainment. It’s about making things look good, and putting on a show. In MMA, it’s about doing what you have to do to win.”

Making the jump from wrestling to MMA, there have been the inevitable comparisons to Brock Lesnar, but Lashley doesn’t give them a second thought.

“There’s really no comparison. He went one way, and I am going another,” said Lashley. “The only thing we have in common is that we have the same goal, and that’s to be the champion. He’s there now, and I’m on my way.”

The next step on the road to a championship is Mike Cook. The two are set to face off on May 15, in a Maximum Fighting Championship promotion.

“I don’t really know much about him, just that he trains in California with Frank Shamrock,” he said of his MFC 21 foe.

Another opponent on the horizon is Bob Sapp. The PRIDE and K-1 veteran has been very outspoken about the fight, scheduled for June 27, but Lashley doesn’t care to engage in the banter.

“I really don’t have anything to say about him. I let the people who talk just do what they do, and I do my talking in the ring," he stated.

There are skeptics out there who are unsure about what the future holds for Bobby Lashley in MMA, but there doesn’t seem to be any doubt in his mind.

“I just plan to keep on winning”.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardcoremma.com
Dozi
He laid down among lions
He laid down among lions
Dozi

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA   - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:12 pm

Lashley pwns. I hope he wins a few then UFC grabs him up and he kills Brock Lesnar..........not very likely but would be awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Resin
THE HIGHER POWER
THE HIGHER POWER
Resin

Number of posts : 1322

PostSubject: Re: - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA   - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:55 pm

Dozi wrote:
Lashley pwns. I hope he wins a few then UFC grabs him up and he kills Brock Lesnar..........not very likely but would be awesome!!

Lashley is still green as hell, as far as beating brock.... he definitely needs a few wins before taking Lesnar on. I'm sure Dana has already thought of bringing Lashley in when he's ready. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ MONEY
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardcoremma.com
BadRobot321
ROASTED LIKE EVA
ROASTED LIKE EVA

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA   - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 3:47 am

Resin wrote:
Dozi wrote:

Lashley is still green as hell, as far as beating brock.... he definitely needs a few wins before taking Lesnar on. I'm sure Dana has already thought of bringing Lashley in when he's ready.

Calling Lashley green in comparison to Brock seems unfair. The only difference in experience between the two have been their opponents. But as far as lessons learned, Brock still has a long road ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA   - BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

- BOBBY LASHLEY PAVING HIS OWN WAY IN MMA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MMA :: Mixed Martial Arts -