Hello and welcome......... we are currently merging with WWW.IRONLIFE.COM please visit and register there
Hello and welcome......... we are currently merging with WWW.IRONLIFE.COM please visit and register there
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Resin
THE HIGHER POWER
THE HIGHER POWER
Resin

Number of posts : 1322

9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Vide
PostSubject: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 1:07 pm

A 9-year-old wrestling fan jumped off his Brooklyn apartment roof wearing a homemade parachute - a fatal imitation of his favorite video game character, friends said.

Damori Miles' broken body was found on the ground outside the Albany houses about 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Wrapped around his body was the string and plastic bag he use to craft his makeshift parachute, police sources said. The boy died at Interfaith hospital an hour later, police said.

"It's terrible. The kids try to imitate what they see and they think they can fly," said family friend Sumore Murrel, 29.

She said the third-grader was supposed to have a play date with her two children Shakar 11, and Kevin, 9, Tuesday night, but never showed.

"His older sister came knocking on the door looking for him at 7:30. She had no idea he was dead. None of us did," Murrel said.

Instead, the little boy had left his 10-floor apartment on Bergen Street and walked up to the building's roof.

Shakar Murrel, Damori's best friend, believed his pal jumped off the roof to imitate his favorite PlayStation2 video game "Smackdown Raw."

"He tried to do a swan dive like Jeff Hardy does in Smackdown. That was his favorite game. He played it all the time. That was what he was trying to do. If I would have seen him up there I would have told him not to do it."

The roof door was still unlocked and open Wednesday morning, and the alarm that was supposed to go off was broken, neighbors said.

"I was sitting inside and I heard a thump. I looked out my window and saw the boy on the ground. He was on his back and his clothes were ripped off. There was foam coming from his mouth. It was horrible," said Chiquita Jones, 25.

"The door to the roof should have been locked. Damori didn't have to die," she said.

Damori's mother told detectives she had gone to the store and came home to find her son on the ground, police sources said.

Sumore Murrel said she wasn't sure her kids were going to be playing the video games anymore.

"I need to keep a better eye on what they are playing or watching. Kids are so impressionable," she said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardcoremma.com
stupidmonkey
RVD 4:20
stupidmonkey

Number of posts : 429

9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Vide
PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 1:52 pm

Sorry to say but this sounds like Darwin's theory at work here. I did stupid things but I knew what equated to full retard moves as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Resin
THE HIGHER POWER
THE HIGHER POWER
Resin

PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 2:00 pm

stupidmonkey wrote:
Sorry to say but this sounds like Darwin's theory at work here. I did stupid things but I knew what equated to full retard moves as a kid.

I feel bad for the kid, why would you jump off a tall ass building and not set up like 40 tables around the floor to crash into? also ..... wtf... no video camera? i would not take that bump without there being a video camera to record the epic leap of faith.
Back to top Go down
stupidmonkey
stupidmonkey

Number of posts : 429

PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 3:10 pm

Resin wrote:
stupidmonkey wrote:

I feel bad for the kid, why would you jump off a tall ass building and not set up like 40 tables around the floor to crash into? also ..... wtf... no video camera? i would not take that bump without there being a video camera to record the epic leap of faith.

Good call. This is why I don't think the video game can be blamed. If he was modeling it after the game he should have done this. And his parachute wasn't even close to the same as in the game I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
Resin
THE HIGHER POWER
THE HIGHER POWER
Resin

PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 3:38 pm

kid probably had autism.
Back to top Go down
DieOff
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
DieOff

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 11:16 pm

Don't matter what he had, he's dead now.

Shitty
Back to top Go down
JimmyBones
ENFORCER
ENFORCER
JimmyBones

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 11:32 pm

That kid is the fucking heel now..
Back to top Go down
Resin
THE HIGHER POWER
THE HIGHER POWER
Resin

PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 12:23 am

JimmyBones wrote:
That kid is the fucking heel now..

kurt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game   9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9-year-old Damori Miles dies in jump off Brooklyn apartment, may have been imitating video game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: The Impact Zone -