Hello and welcome......... we are currently merging with WWW.IRONLIFE.COM please visit and register there
Hello and welcome......... we are currently merging with WWW.IRONLIFE.COM please visit and register there
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Resin
THE HIGHER POWER
THE HIGHER POWER
Resin

Number of posts : 1322

Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua Vide
PostSubject: Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua   Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2009, 2:25 pm

Quote :
"I had signed to fight with the Korean, but I got there on Thursday and they told [me] he had been hurt. That is no excuse, [Riki Fukuda] was stronger than me, congratulations to him, I’ll have to get over it, but I think they didn’t treat me right. They’ve announced my fight with him, but the man had been injured two weeks ago."

Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua 1238940267_medium

Murilo "Ninja" Rua criticizes DREAM for allegedly not disclosing his original DREAM.9 opponent Dong Sik Yoon's injury until 48 hours before the event.

If Rua's information is correct and Yoon was in fact injured two weeks out from the show, it was a dirty move on DREAM's part to wait until Rua was already Japan, away from his camp, to switch opponents on him - especially swapping the relatively one-dimensional Yoon out for the younger, stronger, more experienced Fukuda. When they announced the change last Friday, in my mind, Rua went from favorite to underdog.

On the other side of the coin, we don't know the story behind Yoon's injury - mainly because DREAM wouldn't disclose it - and it could easily have been a wait-and-see scenario where something was reaggravated in training close to fight night. From the way the news broke (on the blogs of Sanae Kikuta and GRABAKA) it didn't appear that Fukuda was waiting in the wings.

Back to top Go down
http://www.hardcoremma.com
DieOff
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
DieOff

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua   Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2009, 9:24 pm

Damn, that's horseshit for him if true.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
Jason

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua   Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 5:07 pm

Ninja's been fucked over on a few decisions in Pride too. The Japs take strong offence to his back tat I suppose.
Back to top Go down
DieOff
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
Ryan Gracie's Blue Tape
DieOff

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua   Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 11:18 pm

Never thought of that Jason. You could be on to something.
Back to top Go down
jim
ENFORCER
ENFORCER
jim

Number of posts : 264

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua   Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 1:16 pm

Dana wouldnt even do such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua   Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quote of the Day: Murilo "Ninja" Rua

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MMA :: Mixed Martial Arts -